PaulDotCom mailing list archives

wlan2eth useage

From: jwright at hasborg.com (Joshua Wright)
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 10:09:45 -0400

In my defense, I'd like to point out a comment in the source:

/*
 * NB: This is simplistic analysis, and doesn't accommodate other link
 * types.  There is an opportunity here to make it 100% less teh suck.
 */

That being said, I think Adrian is a pretty cool guy, so I am releasing
a new version of wlan2eth with 3.14159% less teh suck.  This new version
handles more link types and ad-hoc traffic as well:

http://www.willhackforsushi.com/code/wlan2eth/wlan2eth-1.2.tgz

There is no README or any other documentation, so if someone wants to
whip that up for me, I'll happily include it (and I'll think fondly of
you, often). :)

Adrian also PM'd me about Windows support.  If you install Cygwin with
the development tools, you should be able to compile and use wlan2eth on
Windows no problem.  I've developed an abhorrence to Cygwin development,
so I don't have it installed anymore.  If you do get it built or run
into trouble using it on Windows, please let me know and I'll (*sigh*)
look into it.

Thanks,

- -Josh

p.s. I've been doing some interesting (IMHO) ZigBee analysis work
lately, which you can check out on my new-fangled WordPress site at
www.willhackforsushi.com.  Fellow ZigBee hackers (or other interested
parties), please drop me a note, I think we need a mailing list, or
something.

Adrian Crenshaw wrote:
Thanks. I'll send you a personal email shortly.

Adrian