PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Firewall Audit

From: patrick.yager at mac.com (Patrick Yager)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:00:31 -0500

I have seen several references to this, but thought I would emphasize this point.  You will also want to review the
internal controls regarding the firewall.  Who has access to read/write/change config files (check to see if the
passwords/configs are stored for recovery somewhere and evaluate who has access), change management procedures and
segregation (creation, testing, approval), physical security of the device, log review policy and procedures, etc.
Even if this is a "small shop" there should still be controls over the above processes (documentation of changes and
events).