PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Securely Setting up streaming audio

From: dgcombs at gmail.com (Dan McGinn-Combs)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:32:51 -0400

I've had good luck with VideoLan http://www.videolan.org/. It is
multi-platform as well (Win/Linux/Mac) and it requires not-very-much
complicated setup. It will stream from devices (what you want, right? a
camera?).
I would steer clear of ffmpeg
server<http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:y3RdEwrDZysJ:ph.ubuntuforums.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D665607+ubuntu+video+streaming+in+repository&cd=11&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us>-
although it's cool and all, it's hard to get working. Well, it was for
me
any way. Sorry about the link, all I could find was a how-to in the cache.

Darwin includes a video streaming server that someone has ported over to
Ubuntu/Linux. It's worth a shot if you've got the time for the xml
configuration. http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Darwin_Streaming_Server (German
... sorry)

I ran across some kind of video/audio streaming software in the Ubuntu repos
while playing around with ffmpeg. It was interesting and had piratey
overtones so it was fun. But I can't for the life of me find it now.

Good luck!
Dan