PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Recon tools

From: jcran at 0x0e.org (Jonathan Cran)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:43:33 -0700

Check out spoke.com for something similar to rapleaf. - here's my
"basic" recon notes - jcran

Netblocks / IP Ranges

http://www.arin.net/

*       whois -h ws.arin.net
*       All ips discovered in later parts of recon should be fed back to
the ranges already gathered (and if you have an ip that doesn't fit in
one of the already-discovered ranges, determine its range using ARIN,
and add it to the list)

Domains / DNS

*       whois

*         whois -h ws.arin.net $COMPANY

*         whois -h whois.ripe.net $COMPANY

*         whois -h whois.apnic.net $COMPANY

*         whois -h whois.lacnic.net $COMPANY

*         whois -h whois.afrinic.net $COMPANY

*       Fierce

        *       Forward DNS lookup (Zone Transfer + Brute Force DNS)

o    fierce -dns $DOMAIN -wordlist hosts.list

        *       Reverse DNS lookup (given a range)

o    fierce -dnsserver $DNSSERVER -range $IPRANGE

*       DNS Enum
*       dmitry
*       ip-geolocation.pl

Application Information

*       Browse the site / site map
*       Use Fierce to brute force interesting hostnames
*       Look for interesting hostnames such as citrix,app,ERP,CRM,etc

Network Information

*       firewalk
*       scapy

        *       scapy-tracenet.py

                *       Generates graph-viz graphs of each node on the
network. very handy for visualizing the devices / network.

*       Halberd

        *       Halberd discovers HTTP load balancers. It is useful for
web application security auditing and for load balancer configuration
testing.

*       LBD

        *       Load Balancer Detection:

o    lbd-0.1.sh $DOMAIN

*       traceroute
*       ping

User Enumeration

*       Spoke <http://www.spoke.com>

        *       Search for the company

                *       Get a list of the current employees

        *       In the browser window, type:

o    javascript:window.personListNames

*       lead411.com
*       Hoovers
*       Jigsaw
*       Facebook
*       goog-mail.py

Search Engine / Relationship analysis Tool

*       SEAT
*       BidiBlah (Sensepost)
*       Goolag
*       Maltego