PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Friendly SOHO router

From: rsreese at gmail.com (Stephen Reese)
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 20:13:05 -0500

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Gregory Baker
<travelingregbaker at yahoo.com> wrote:

Steven,

We're utilizing the Sonicwall devices for our SOHO customers. We're not a dealer we're an application var and merely
bundle the firewalls to save everyone headaches. The users find the interface easy to use. Most sonicwall models
handle ipsec aes 256 3des & des vpn site to site and of course Sonicwall sells a software based single user clients.
(boo) All models handle multiple lan subnets.

Unfortunately the fact remains that most of the SOHO decision makers out there bristle at spending a lot of money on
security. (insert 'you'll be sorry comments here')

The down side on Sonicwall are the addons. You buy a device then in 90 days you need to purchase a warranty addon in
order to download firmware updates. And so on & so on. The subscription services they are offer (av,ips, & filtering)
are a bit privcy but are nice if one can talk a customer into buying them.

$.02 deposited

Greg

Greg,

Thank you for the input. That would be frustrating in regards to have
constant costs thrown at my friend. He'll appreciate the input. I
wouldn't mind dealing with renewing a contract every once in awhile
but 90 days after the fact is a bit much...

Thanks