PaulDotCom mailing list archives

should everyone be linked in to one another

From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 23:08:32 +0000

2008/12/26 Robin Wood <dninja at gmail.com>:
Hi
I'm in a few groups on linked in and daily there are requests from
people asking to expand their networks and to exchange links.

What do people think, is this right or should you only link with
people you know or have reason for linking with? The way I see it, if
everyone links to everyone else then all we end up with is a large
mailing list, lots of which already exist. My thinking is that I'll
link to people I either know, respect or have some other business
relationship with but am I missing out in not linking to everyone else
in the world?

Looks like linkedin itself has decided that linking to thousands of
people is bad and has placed restrictions in place:

http://www.cio.com/article/477224/LinkedIn_Clamps_Down_On_Super_Connected_Users?page=1

Seems like a good idea to me.

Robin