PaulDotCom mailing list archives

launching CeWL 2

From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:27:24 +0000

Hi
I've just released CeWL version 2 - http://www.digininja.org/cewl.php

This new version has a few enhancements, the main one is the addition
of the ability to collect meta data and email addresses from the html
and documents found on the site. By using a mixture of exiftool and
regexps it can scan Office pre 2007, Office 2007 and PDF formats. This
will then give you a word list for passwords and user/email list for
targets.

I've also included a tool called fab which will do the same meta data
scanning on documents already downloaded. I remember Larry mentioning
that he wished metagoofil would allow that so I added it.

I want to thank infolookup for testing this new version, in doing it
he found a problem that I can't reproduce, it seems the spider doesn't
like some pages with querystrings. If anyone else gets that, please
let me know and I'll investigate it.

Enjoy

Robin