PaulDotCom mailing list archives

blocking spammers on twitter

From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 15:35:06 +0000

2009/2/1 Raffi Jamgotchian <raffi at flossyourmind.com>:
I think most of those guys follow because many follow reciprocally and
thus are targets.

Something someone on twitter suggested is that messages with @name in
are always delivered to the person. On the web interface this is only
true if you are following the person sending the message (hence me
accidentally ignoring a few people I wasn't following) but I've just
started testing twhirl and found that that does put any message with
@name in my list of messages. This then exposes me to spam. So,
depending on your interface spammers may be able to get you see their
spam.