PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Enterprise Full Disk Encryption

From: herrasher at gmail.com (Kennith Asher)
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 13:42:22 -0800

The solution xgermx mentions is precisely what we have done.  For a small
business solution working in a space with significant security requirements
and inadequate cash, TrueCrypt is probably the most reasonable solution.
(IMHO)  Just need to make sure that the PWs are both strong and workable for
the end user...

Ken

If we did end up using TrueCrypt, users would be assigned static passwords
(which the IT staff would have stored in and encrypted file). That would at
least eliminate people forgetting their password.