PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Fwd: [HFC Announce] $1 to HFC for every (free) registered user!

From: cmerkel at gmail.com (Chris Merkel)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 08:18:36 -0600

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: johnny Long <ihackstuff at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 9:18 AM
Subject: [HFC Announce] $1 to HFC for every (free) registered user!
To: Hackers For Charity Volunteers <
i-hack-charities-volunteers at googlegroups.com>

Peter at the Academy sent this great email out:

"This month, I thought that it would be fun to partner up with Hackers
for Charity in order to raise money for the people of Uganda. The
Academy has offered to donate $1 to Hackers for Charity for every user
that registers for a free account at www.theacademy.ca for the entire
month of November. If you're a registered user already please forward
this email or post it on a blog. Anything you can do to spread the
word would be greatly appreciated. Let's try to make a substantial
donation to charity this month. Thanks everybody!"

The Academy is a very cool site with cool video content, so the free
account is a no-brainer. So those of you that have been looking for a
simple way to pitch in, here's one! I know a buck doesn't seem like
much, but every little bit helps. Grab an account, tell some friends,
and rent a botnet (heh, just kidding.. REALLY!)..

Thanks everyone!
Johnny