PaulDotCom mailing list archives

should everyone be linked in to one another (Robin Wood)

From: jackadaniel at gmail.com (Jack Daniel)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:11:58 -0500

I currently have 128 connections.  Mostly people I really know- at
least 25 are co-workers at my current company, probably another 25-30
are NAISG connections, and a handful from online communities. And, of
course, the handful of recruiters/headhunters I don't really know, but
I accepted their requests "just in case".

I am only in 14 groups, ranging from local groups with fewer than a
dozen members to globals- NAISG, RSA, DefCon, BlackHat are roughly
2000 members each, CISSP is over 7200 (I know, but they are valuable
connections) and the nebulous "Infomation Security" group with its
24k-plus members.  And, of course, Pauldotcom's 120 members.

Jack