PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Deploying Honeypots for Home Network Monitoring

From: brianwgray at gmail.com (Brian Gray)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 09:54:39 -0500

 Instead of posting up a real windows box use something like Fake NetBIOS
with honeyd instead.

http://www.darknet.org.uk/2007/06/fake-netbios-tool-simulate-windows-hosts/
 http://www.honeyd.org/

Might be easier if you used something like a Cisco ASA and just dump the
invalid traffic to a dmz. If cost is an issue perhaps something free like
Cobia that supports multiple DMZ interfaces for free.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/
 http://www.stillsecure.com/cobia/