PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Does This Negate Facial Recognition?

From: jim.halfpenny at gmail.com (Jim Halfpenny)
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:15:40 +0000

Given that facial recognition technology is supposed to be able to tell
identical twins apart I would assume that differences in bone structure, not
to mention the after effects of such extensive surgery, would render the
face unusable for getting passed this type of security device.

That said I might work wonders in meatspace though. I can't see passport
photographs being done away with as the primary method of identity
verification any time soon.

Jim