oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: How can I join the linux-distros mailing list and become a representative?

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 14:09:43 +0200

On Sat, Oct 07, 2023 at 08:43:03AM +0000, public1020 wrote:
My firm is one of the largest cloud provider in China and I would like to add our distro name to the website and
become a disto representative.

The reason is that we have our own Linux distribution and we need to receive vulnerabilities notifications to prepare
our packages in advance.

How can I do that? Please advise.

The wiki page you reference above lists the membership criteria and
links to a couple of example membership request messages.  You may post
a request like that in here, addressing the criteria in it one by one.

The outcome of such posting is not predetermined - your organization
may or may not be accepted as a linux-distros list member, depending on
whether it convincingly meets the criteria or maybe not.

Alexander