oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: linux-distros membership application of openEuler

From: Heiko Schlittermann <hs () schlittermann de>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 10:18:42 +0200

Marcus Meissner <meissner () suse de> (Mo 16 Okt 2023 10:08:50 CEST):
Regardless of your viability of subscription status I think we also
(sadly) have to consider current geopolitical issues here.

No, we should not consider anything else than technical/security
restrictions here.

And adhere the spirit of Free and Open Source (as far as I understand it),
that there is no instance that can judge about political, ethical,
religious issues. Free means free. Open means open.

As far as I understand, US companies and US citizens are not permitted
to work with Chinese organizations and/or Chinese nationals.

Any member of the list is free to unsubscribe for whatever reasons.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann