oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: illumos (or at least danmcd) membership in the distros list

From: Dan McDonald <danmcd () mnx io>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 19:34:06 +0000

On Sep 25, 2023, at 3:23 PM, Solar Designer <solar () openwall com> wrote:

Dan, although not strictly required, are there any contributing-back
task(s) you'd help with? -

Implicitly I'm on the hook for technical task #5:

        Check if related issues exist in implementations of
        similar functionality in other software (e.g., forked code
        including the same bug, or the same error made independently),
        and inform the list either way - primary: Ubuntu, backup:
        Flatcar Container Linux

(and so is FreeBSD and Alan-for-Oracle-Solaris in their domains).

But yes, most technical issues will be Linux-only ones judging from the audience here.

As for the others... off the top of my head, I'm curious to know:

• Set up and maintain more reliable oss-security Twitter/Mastodon feed(s) (the existing Twitter feed occasionally
misses messages)

what the source for such a feed would contain (e.g. content? Frequency? expectation of interaction?)? I'm only visiting
Twitter
occasionally now, and I'm on good terms with my Mastodon server admin such that I *might* be able to establish a
mastodon/fedi feed there.

Hope this helps?
Dan