oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: [CVE-2022-44730] Apache Batik information disclosure vulnerability

From: Moritz Bechler <mbechler () eenterphace org>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 23:21:47 +0200

Hi,

CVE-2022-44730:
         Apache Batik information disclosure vulnerability

Severity:
         Medium

Vendor:
         The Apache Software Foundation

Versions Affected:
         Batik 1.0 - 1.16

         Switch to empty whitelist for rhino

And here the liked bug does not reference the appropriate commit, but one in which the whitelist wasn't actually empty (<https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1905011> would be the more recent update). Putting java.lang.System on that list would have been a pretty bad choice, so, good that that did not make it into the release.

I have the feeling that maybe Apache has a mail template that has "information disclosure vulnerability" in the subject as an example, as I have noticed in other cases that the subjects indicate information disclosure when the issue really is something else.

Moritz