oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE-2022-38170: Apache Airflow: Overly permissive umask for deamons

From: Jed Cunningham <jedcunningham () apache org>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 13:56:47 -0600

Hi Seth,

Thanks for the feedback, and I agree. We will start adding links to the PR
fixing the issue going forward, starting with our announcements today.

Thanks,
Jed

On Fri, Sep 2, 2022, 2:43 PM Seth Arnold <seth.arnold () canonical com> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 02, 2022 at 03:55:07AM +0000, Jedidiah Cunningham wrote:
In Apache Airflow prior to 2.3.4, an insecure umask was configured for
numerous Airflow components when running with the  `--deamon` flag which
could result in a race condition giving world-writable files in the Airflow
home directory and allowing local users to expose arbitrary file contents
via the webserver.

Hello Jedidiah,

Thanks for contributing to the oss-security list; I believe your
contributions would be far more valuable if they included some further
details -- providing links to issues and commits is common, but you could
also include the details in the email if that's easier for whatever reason.

Thanks