oss-sec mailing list archives

Python Beaker - Deserialization of Untrasted Data which can lead to Arbitrary code execution

From: Matheus Bratfisch <matheusbrat () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 15:14:51 -0300

Hello all,

python beaker is affected by Deserialization of untrusted data (CWE-502)
which could lead to Arbitrary code execution.

I believe it was initially pointed out the flaw on Session here:
https://github.com/bbangert/beaker/issues/35

Some improvements were made by adding a secret/HMAC but the Cache layer
still has the same flaw. I reported the flaw on cache level here:
https://github.com/bbangert/beaker/issues/191
I created a POC but didn't publish it on the ticket.

There is no CVE assigned to this.

This package exists on Fedora and Debian at least.

Should I take any extra action?

Best regards,
--
Matheus (X-warrior) Bratfisch.