oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: catdoc: out of bounds heap read and nullpointer / segfault

From: Agostino Sarubbo <ago () gentoo org>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 13:09:12 +0100

On domenica 25 novembre 2018 09:57:37 CET Hanno Böck wrote:
I reported two memory safety bugs in the command line tool catdoc.
However the mails to the developer bounced.

The first is an out of bounds heap read, to detect it catdoc needs to
be compiled with address sanitizer (test it with -fsanitize=address in
CFLAGS).

The second is a null pointer and will just crash catdoc.

Hi Hanno,

something about catdoc was already reported time ago:
https://marc.info/?l=oss-security&m=142627461816744&w=2

I don't know atm if your findings are duplicate or not.

--
Agostino Sarubbo
Gentoo Linux Developer