oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Terminal Control Chars

From: Ian Zimmerman <itz () very loosely org>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 11:07:20 -0700

On 2018-04-12 19:13, Jakub Wilk wrote:

Perhaps the correct solution would be to prevent the browser from
copying invisible characters.

Do you mean control characters, or something else?

The term "invisible character" has some obvious (if perhaps informal)
meaning.  But I don't really know what "control character" means.  Is a
page separator (^L) a control character, for example?  Is DEL one (ASCII
127)?