oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Information on recent sqlite3 issues?

From: Agostino Sarubbo <ago () gentoo org>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2017 08:47:43 +0200

On Wednesday 31 May 2017 22:30:37 Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
Hi,
one of the latest Apple advisories mentions several vulnerabilities in
sqlite: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207798

CVE-2017-2513: found by OSS-Fuzz
CVE-2017-2518: found by OSS-Fuzz
CVE-2017-2520: found by OSS-Fuzz
CVE-2017-2519: found by OSS-Fuzz
CVE-2017-6983: Chaitin Security Research Lab (@ChaitinTech) working with
Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative CVE-2017-6991: Chaitin Security Research
Lab (@ChaitinTech) working with Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative

Does anyone have additional information on those and whether that
applies to the standard sqlite releases or Apple-specific changes?

Cheers,
        Moritz

Hi.

I don't know about apple itself but in the clusterfuzz reports I see 4 public
bugs about sqlite.
However they have a very small (2 days) range of regression, i.e. a commit
made in those two days causes the problem.
I didn't check, but I suspect they didn't go in any release.

FTR, the time you are seeing in the regression range is UTC:
https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/issues/563

At this point I don't know if apple referer to those issues or the mentioned
issues are not public.

--
Agostino Sarubbo
Gentoo Linux Developer