oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Libgcrypt and GnuPG 1.4 RNG output prediction

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 19:54:52 +0300

Here's what Werner wrote in that message, regarding the CVE ID:
Sorry, that was my typo.  It is correct in the NEWS files and the commit
messages.

The reseachers forwarded me a mail with the CVE but I have not been put
the loop, neither from RedHat, nor from Debian (as they usually do).

More interesting are these tweets:

<@gnupg> @hanno They will present their paper at http://CCS2016.org.  A preprint can now be found here:
http://formal.iti.kit.edu/~klebanov/
<gnupg> The paper about the Libgcrypt RNG bug has meanwhile been
published:\nhttp://formal.iti.kit.edu/~klebanov/pubs/libgcrypt-cve-2016-6313.pdf