oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE Request: MantisBT SOAP API can be used to disclose confidential settings

From: Damien Regad <dregad () mantisbt org>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 16:47:57 +0100

On 2016-01-03 18:03, cve-assign () mitre org wrote:
In general, a vendor can choose to request a CVE ID for a
vulnerability in beta software. This is unusual and (in cases of many
other products) often not a good idea, but there is no absolute
restriction on having a CVE ID.

The reason for requesting a CVE for a beta release is that this code has been out there and used "in production" for several years, despite being "beta" (change was committed [1] in Feb 2010).

Use CVE-2014-9759 for the vulnerability caused by the
master_crypto_salt spelling.

Thank you.

There is no CVE ID for the general issue of "Implement a white list of
options .

None was needed. The issue, as you correctly interpreted, is the disclosure of the crypto salt.

Further details available in our issue tracker [3]
[3] https://mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=20277

It currently gives an "Access Denied." error.

Apologies, I forgot to make the issue public after releasing the patch. It is available now.

[1] https://github.com/mantisbt/mantisbt/commit/eb5623605