oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Samsung S4 (GT-I9500) multiple kernel vulnerabilities

From: Daniel Micay <danielmicay () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 14:45:13 -0400

CVE-2015-1800 is prevented by the STRUCTLEAK GCC plugin.

So I'm wrong about this part, as pipacs pointed out the __user marking
is missing here, so it won't memset it in this case.

The missing __user would be found by upstream's sparse tool or the PaX
checker plugin though.

The STRUCTLEAK plugin could also be extended to zero based on the
copy_*_user calls, but that's probably not very useful since the missing
__user markings could just be found via the existing tooling and fixed.