oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: membership request to the closed linux-distros security mailing list

From: John Haxby <john.haxby () oracle com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 21:58:32 +0000

On 20 Mar 2015, at 14:54, Solar Designer <solar () openwall com> wrote:

BTW, we may need to discuss whether Oracle's subscription is for their
Linux distro only or also for Solaris.  So far, I refused to subscribe
an extra person for them who was not involved in their Linux distro,
since I felt their subscription had only been approved by this community
for Oracle Linux and not for Solaris.

It’s for the linux distro variants, exclusively.  The Solaris team have their own security contacts and I’m not one of
them.

To be perfectly clear: anything that affects us on (linux-)distros only goes as far as the linux security team.   We
take our responsibilities very seriously.

jch