oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Of Shellshock and logfiles

From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried () redhat com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 22:23:04 -0600

Red Hat posted some mod_security rules as a workaround/hardening that
will block a lot of the shellshock web based shenanigans, a public
article with them is available here:

https://access.redhat.com/articles/1212303

please note the rules should be updated to use @contains instead of the
way I originally wrote them (I'm still getting the hang of
mod_security). Also note the rule ID's are correct and do not need
changing to avoid conflicts, we now have a vendor ID block for
mod_security rules.