oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: OpenSSL RSA 1024 bits implementation broken?

From: David White <dmwhite823 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 12:06:55 -0400

I also perused the discussion at
http://www.reddit.com/r/crypto/comments/2i9qke/openssl_bug_allows_rsa_1024_key_factorization_in/,
which I found by googling this email subject.

Most folks there are saying that this isn't true.

On 2014-10-06 16:34:29 +0200 (+0200), Pierre Schweitzer wrote:
Following the information on that ML it appears not to be true. Or
at least, there's no obvious evidence it happened. And lack of
appropriate communication from reporter doesn't help getting rid
of doubts. Unless I missed something from the thread you pointed?

That's been the impression I got so far, but I have a reply on the
thread pending moderator approval linking to the blog post (which
seems not to have been mentioned there yet).
--
Jeremy Stanley

--
David White