oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: [OT] FD mailing list died. Time for new one

From: Georgi Guninski <guninski () guninski com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 17:04:03 +0200

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 06:18:41PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
of CVE.  So you could consider treating or ignoring your CVE allergy

I am pretty sure someone@mitre was coauthor of the
"responsibility RFC" which shows whose servants
mitre are.

Regarding new FD:

If you ask me there should be no moderation/kickbans.
IMHO this isn't effective against alleged trolls.
Back in the time I was against banning n3td3v.

Maybe some sound daily quota is reasonable though.

Makes sense to me.  I hope whoever chooses to setup the new FD will
consider this idea.

Alexander

Is it reasonable to use a public service for the list --
outsourcing legal stuff?

Running a mirror/torrent is much easier than running
a mailing list, so even if stuff gets deleted it will
be in the mirrors.