oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Linux 3.4+: arbitrary write with CONFIG_X86_X32 (CVE-2014-0038)

From: Kees Cook <kees () ubuntu com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 17:20:33 -0800

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 04:11:16AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
This issue was brought to linux-distros and security@k.o 2 days ago via
the message quoted below, and it was just made public at 22:00 UTC today
(two hours ago) via grsecurity and PaX (who were the ones to find the
issue).  Normally, the person who brought this to linux-distros would be
the one responsible to bring the issue to oss-security as soon as the
issue is public, but Kees does not appear to be around at the moment and
the issue is critical enough that I find it inappropriate to delay this
posting by a few hours more, hence I am doing Kees' job by posting this
in here.

Thanks for covering for me, Alexander! I am travelling, so high precision
timing on email hasn't been great today. :)

-Kees

--
Kees Cook