oss-sec mailing list archives

CVE requests / advisory: cxxtools <= 2.2, Tntnet <= 2.2

From: Matthew Daley <mattd () bugfuzz com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 14:43:23 +1300

Hi,

I'd like to request CVE IDs for these 2 issues. They were found in
software from the Tntnet Project (www.tntnet.org), which develop
Tntnet, an open-source web server for C++ web applications.

This is the first such request and the issues are (now) public; this
message serves as an advisory as well.

* Issue #1

Affected software: cxxtools
percent signs in a row, URL parsing would enter an infinite recursive
loop, leading to a crash. This allows a remote attacker to DOS the
server.
Affected versions: current releases (<= 2.2)
Fixed in version: 2.2.1
Fix: https://github.com/maekitalo/cxxtools/commit/142bb2589dc184709857c08c1e10570947c444e3
Release notes: http://www.tntnet.org/download/cxxtools-2.2.1/Releasenotes-2.2.1.markdown
Reported by: Julian Wiesener

* Issue #2

Affected software: Tntnet
its headers instead of the expected "\r\n", it is possible that
headers from a previous unrelated request will seemingly be appended
to the crafted request (due to a missing null termination). This
allows a remote attacker to use sensitive headers from other users'
requests in their own requests, such as cookies or HTTP authentication
credentials.
Affected versions: current releases  (<= 2.2)
Fixed in version: 2.2.1
Fix: https://github.com/maekitalo/tntnet/commit/9bd3b14042e12d84f39ea9f55731705ba516f525
and https://github.com/maekitalo/tntnet/commit/9d1a859e28b78bfbf769689454b529ac7709dee4
Release notes: http://www.tntnet.org/download/tntnet-2.2.1/Releasenotes-2.2.1.markdown
Reported by: Matthew Daley

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,

- Matthew Daley