oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: CVE request - VLC 2.0.0 to 2.0.8

From: Pedro Ribeiro <pedrib () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 17:39:45 +0100

On Oct 4, 2013 5:12 PM, "Kurt Seifried" <kseifried () redhat com> wrote:

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep that in mind for the future when
requesting CVE's. I agree this is a minor issue, but because there is an
invalid memory I read I thought it was relevant.

I tested with the browser plugin on the latest Firefox, and while it
crashes the plugin, it doesn't seem to crash the browser.

As I said previously, I will continue to investigate whether I can get some
program control, but for now it's only a measly DoS.

Regards
Pedro