oss-sec mailing list archives

Research on better-than-brute-force attacks on PDF cryptography

From: Florian Weimer <fweimer () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 20:26:49 +0200

I've looked at a PDF implementation, compared it against the specification (including Adobe's supplement covering AES-256), and unless I'm missing something, there are a few odd things there.

Does anyone know if there's published research into this topic? I could only find indications that the specification does not adequately defend against brute-force password guessing. Which is probably true, but not exactly my concern.