oss-sec mailing list archives

CVE request: three additional flaws fixed in putty 0.63

From: Vincent Danen <vdanen () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 13:56:10 -0600

There seem to be some CVEs needed for putty 0.63 due to some other fixes
that were fixed alongside CVE-2013-4852:

* a heap-corrupting buffer underrun bug in the modmul function which performs modular multiplication:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/wishlist/vuln-modmul.html
http://svn.tartarus.org/sgt?view=revision&sortby=date&revision=9977

* A buffer overflow vulnerability in the calculation of modular inverses when verifying a DSA signature:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/wishlist/vuln-bignum-division-by-zero.html
http://svn.tartarus.org/sgt?view=revision&sortby=date&revision=9996

* Private keys left in memory after being used by PuTTY tools:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/wishlist/private-key-not-wiped.html
http://svn.tartarus.org/sgt?view=revision&sortby=date&revision=9988

I can't see any CVE references so I suspect there are none.

--
Vincent Danen / Red Hat Security Response Team