oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: opencryptoki insecure lock files handling

From: Tomas Hoger <thoger () redhat com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:10:14 +0200

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 12:42:17 -0500 Raphael Geissert wrote:

When do pkcsslotd does that, and which version?  It does not happen
on its start or stop, or when client as pkcsconf queries for some
data.

I apparently confused it with another set of CreateXProcLock and
XProcUnLock's. pkcsslotd indeed doesn't seem to chmod spinloc.

Ok, so I think we need 1 CVE for the two insecure temporary file uses,
unless we want to split each temporary file issue under a separate
CVE.  I don't believe there's a real need to assign CVE for 2.4.1
(which did not improve things on systems with world writable /var/lock)
or 2.4.2 (which re-opens the attack for pkcs11 group members on systems
with restricted /var/lock, but improves things on systems with world
writable /var/lock).

--
Tomas Hoger / Red Hat Security Response Team