oss-sec mailing list archives

CVE Request: Apache Axis2 XML Signature Wrapping Attack

From: David Jorm <djorm () redhat com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 02:06:32 -0400 (EDT)

Juraj Somorovsky and colleagues have described an XML Signature Wrapping (XSW) attack against a variety of platforms in
a paper delivered at USENIX [0]. Various platforms are covered, including OpenSAML and Apache Axis2. OpenSAML is
covered by CVE-2011-1411 [1], but I can't find a CVE ID for Axis2. Could one please be assigned? The OpenSAML CVE ID is
2011 because some vendors were given pre-notification of the issue in 2011. Since all the details were made public in
2012, I suggest assigning a 2012 CVE ID for Axis2.

Thanks
--
David Jorm / Red Hat Security Response Team

[0] http://www.nds.rub.de/media/nds/veroeffentlichungen/2012/08/22/BreakingSAML_3.pdf
[1] http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2011-1411