oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: libdbus hardening

From: Sebastian Krahmer <krahmer () suse de>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:30:44 +0200

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 06:22:28PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 04:11:12PM +0200, Sebastian Krahmer wrote:
I am fine with either solution and would prefer upstream patches
anyway, but it turned out in past that nobody from upstream
is willing to add such patches.

If this is not for upstream and you only need it working on a particular
distro with glibc, then why not use __secure_getenv()?

Indeed, if it is a exported symbol on the glibc versions we ship,
we should consider this. I remember a discussion that it was somehow
not available in the past.

Sebastian

--

~ perl self.pl