oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: pid namespace leak in kernel 3.0 and 3.1

From: Pavel Emelyanov <xemul () parallels com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 09:14:58 +0400

On 04/20/2012 07:10 AM, Eugene Teo wrote:
So we know what is holding the pid namespace reference.

Additional thoughts.

Does echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches clear up the issue?

No.

Is there a corresponding task_struct leak?

Yes.

I don't have much of a clue or much concern as this seems fixed in later kernels but I am happy to suggest things to
look for to help narrow this down.

I'm helping to provide more information.

Is there also a vfsmount struct leak as well? The pidns creating implies
kern-mount-ing of a proc and it should be released when child reaper of
the namespace dies.

Thanks, Eugene
.