oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: wordpress plugin timthumb before 2.0 remote code execution

From: Hanno Böck <hanno () hboeck de>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 18:09:03 +0100

Am Thu, 03 Nov 2011 09:56:13 -0600
schrieb Kurt Seifried <kseifried () redhat com>:

On 11/03/2011 05:23 AM, Hanno Böck wrote:
http://markmaunder.com/2011/08/01/zero-day-vulnerability-in-many-wordpress-themes/

Seems this never got a CVE. German newspage heise reports lots of
hacked wordpress blogs, most likely due to this issue:
http://www.heise.de/security/meldung/Tausende-WordPress-Blogs-zur-Verbreitung-von-Schadcode-genutzt-1370660.html

Yes I remember this one (I actually had a friend's WordPress get
nailed via this).

Fix: http://code.google.com/p/timthumb/

Please use CVE-2011-4106 for this issue.

Mitre site on this is empty till today:
https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2011-4106

At least a short explanation and the three links would be nice.

--
Hanno Böck              mail/jabber: hanno () hboeck de
GPG: BBB51E42           http://www.hboeck.de/