oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: linux-distros list setup update

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 17:16:49 +0400

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 06:36:57AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
Not surprisingly, we started receiving spam to the linux-distros list.
PGP-encrypted spam is fun, yet I decided to introduce an anti-spam
measure, now documented on this new wiki page:

This is now moved to:

describing both "distros" and "linux-distros" lists at once.

Also, I've just subscribed Nick Kralevich from Android Security Team to
linux-distros (and thus to distros as well) based on Nick's off-list
request.  We can see Nick doing relevant work e.g. here:
http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2011/11/10/1

"Be sure to include [vs] (four characters) in the Subject line, or your
message will most likely be rejected by the mail server."

Some kinds of messages should pass despite of lacking [vs] in the
Subject - for example, this should be the case for most PGP-encrypted or
PGP-signed messages - but to be safe, please use the [vs] thing even if
you encrypt and/or sign.  The rejected messages are rejected at SMTP
level, so senders should receive bounces from their own mail relays.

Alexander