oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: XSSer v1.6 -beta- aka "Grey Swarm!" released.

From: Henri Salo <henri () nerv fi>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 02:39:46 +0200

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 05:29:55PM -0700, Kurt Seifried wrote:
On 11/30/2011 05:11 PM, Solar Designer wrote:

All -

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 12:47:56AM +0100, psy wrote:
There is released a new version of *XSSer* (v1.6-beta-) - the cross site
scripter framework.
We do not have a strict policy on whether security tool announcements
are appropriate in here or not.  My current stance on it is that
one-time announcements of tools with specific relevance to Open Source
are OK, whereas repeated new version announcements are not.  Thus, I
approved the announcement of XSSer this one time, but I don't intend to
approve an announcement of the next version of XSSer.  Please let me
know if you'd like this approach changed in some way.

Agreed. Random thought: or if a project makes a major
breakthrough/update/change/once a year type of announcement is probably
sane too? I like hearing about new tools and definitely don't have time
to go through Google/etc any more =).

Meanwhile, the various CFPs and e-magazine issue announcements that are
arriving to oss-security are being rejected - as we decided previously.

+1

Alexander
-- -Kurt Seifried / Red Hat Security Response Team

Advisories of major improvements is good limit in my opinion and I really do mean major improvements. +1 for e-magazine
case also. I don't see a point of spamming list yearly if nothing interesting has happened. Software vendors/developers
should create their own mailing lists and/or RSS-feeds.

- Henri Salo