oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: closed-list membership transition

From: Kees Cook <kees () ubuntu com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 13:54:22 -0700

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 10:14:42PM +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
On ven., 2011-09-16 at 10:53 -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
My last day with Canonical is today. Starting on Sep 19th, I will be
working for Google on ChromeOS. I'd like to transition my closed-list
membership based on the fact that ChromeOS is also a distro, and I'll
still have security responsibilities with it. How should this be
handled?

I don't have closed-list membership or anything, but I assume you'll
keep going on Ubuntu security team anyway, even from Google, so it might
make sense that you keep the membership anyway?

I don't mind it, but traditionally, only Canonical employees have had
access to the embargoed Ubuntu security information (and, as a result,
access to the closed list).

-Kees

--
Kees Cook