oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request for bcfg2 (remote root)

From: Josh Bressers <bressers () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 16:41:36 -0400 (EDT)

Please use CVE-2011-3211

Thanks.

--
    JB

----- Original Message -----
Hi,

A bug report in Debian has come to light for which I can find no other
information, and therefore I do not believe it has a CVE - but
probably
should.

From http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=640028 :

"All released stable versions of the bcfg2-server contain several
cases
where data from the client is used in a shell command without properly
escaping it first. The 1.2 prerelease series has been fixed.

"At least the SSHbase plugin has been confirmed as being exploitable.
This is a remote root hole, which requires that the SSHbase plugin is
enabled and that the attacker has control of a bcfg2 client machine."

A patch for the problem has been commited [1] upstream and backported
the 1.1 series.

1:
https://github.com/solj/bcfg2/commit/f4a35efec1b6a1e54d61cf1b8bfc83dd1d89eef7
2:
https://github.com/solj/bcfg2/commit/46795ae451ca6ede55a0edeb726978aef4684b53

Please CC me, I am not subscribed.

Thanks,

--
Jonathan Wiltshire jmw () debian org
Debian Developer http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC 74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51