oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Vouching system (was Re: [oss-security] Closed list)

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 16:18:52 +0400

Eugene,

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 05:23:40PM +0800, Eugene Teo wrote:
Maybe once we have a list of initial members, we should start using a
vouching system, that the applicant must be referred by someone from the
list, and we only accept members whom we met and trust. Just a suggestion.

I'm afraid that we'll have to introduce something like this if/when we
create a list not limited to Linux distros (and maybe sooner), but then
we'll have the problem of it being an el8 list.  I think it will be an
improvement over CC lists anyway, but many others appear to disagree.

Alexander