oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: NULL byte poisoning fix in php 5.3.4+

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 15:38:00 +0100

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Steven M. Christey
<coley () linus mitre org> wrote:

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010, Pierre Joye wrote:

We are about to release 5.2.15 and 5.3.4, can anyone please get an id
for this issue?

I just assigned CVE-2006-7243 to the http://bugs.php.net/39863 issue, i.e.
NULL injection in file_exists() *only*.

However, as already stated, the issue of NULL byte injection with PHP dates
back to 1999 or so (ouch... I remember that).  If PHP is addressing NULL
byte injection beyond just file_exists(), then that may need a separate CVE.

We fixed it for all file functions. See the link to the commit for
more details about which codes have been changed. Do we need a CVE for
every function? I hope not :)

Cheers,
--
Pierre