oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE requests: IO::Socket::SSL, cakephp, collectd, gnash, ocrodjvu, hypermail, libcloud, piwigo

From: Josh Bressers <bressers () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 15:18:31 -0500 (EST)

This is a great request, thanks. It's quite large but you gave me enough
info that it's not killed me to figure it out.

Steve, I have a request for MITRE to handle at the bottom.

Thanks.

----- "Raphael Geissert" <geissert () debian org> wrote:

IO::Socket::SSL: unexpected fallback to VERIFY_NONE if certificate
file(s)
are not specified.
http://bugs.debian.org/606058
http://secunia.com/advisories/42508/

CVE-2010-4334

cakephp: code execution via unserialize() call with untrusted data
http://malloc.im/CakePHP-unserialize.txt
https://github.com/cakephp/cakephp/commit/e431e86aa4301ced4273dc7919b59362cbb353cb
http://secunia.com/advisories/42211/

CVE-2010-4335

collectd: DoS via the RRDtool and RRDCacheD plugins
http://bugs.debian.org/605092
http://secunia.com/advisories/42393/

CVE-2010-4336

gnash: insecure handling of temp files at build-time
http://bugs.debian.org/605419
http://secunia.com/advisories/42416/

CVE-2010-4337

ocrodjvu: insecure handling of temp files
http://bugs.debian.org/598134

CVE-2010-4338

hypermail: XSS
http://bugs.debian.org/598743

CVE-2010-4339

libcloud: "doesn't verify ssl certificate"
It appears that what it doesn't verify is the certificate's CN. From
the
references provided in the Debian bug report it looks like it is a
widespread issue on the SSL implementations in Python.
Not sure how MITRE would like to handle those.

http://bugs.debian.org/598463
https://github.com/tjfontaine/linode-python/issues/issue/1#issue/1

MITRE weighed in on this. Python *should* get the ID, but each fixed app
also gets one.
CVE-2010-4340

Steve, can MITRE take the one below. It's quite large and I don't have time
to do it right now. Thanks.

piwigo:
a1) CSRF
a2) SQL injection
a3) stored XSS
http://secunia.com/advisories/41365/
http://piwigo.org/releases/2.1.3
http://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/14973/
(the issues mentioned by the exploit-db entry appear to be the same
that
were fixed in 2.1.3)
b) search.php SQL injection
http://secunia.com/advisories/38305/
http://piwigo.org/releases/2.0.8
c) CSRF in the admin panel:
http://secunia.com/advisories/37681/
http://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/10417
(the exploit-db entry details two other issues, but are "admin-only"
-- feel
free to assign or ignore those.)