oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE assignment: ghostscript stack-based overflow

From: Dan Rosenberg <dan.j.rosenberg () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 20:33:01 -0400

CVE request for the second issue described in this advisory, just published:

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2010/May/134

quote:

GhostScript (all tested versions) fails to properly handle infinitely
recursive procedure invocations.  By providing a PostScript file with a
sequence such as:

/A{pop 0 A 0} bind def
/product A 0

the interpreter's internal stack will be overflowed with recursive calls, at
which point execution will jump to an attacker-controlled address.  This
vulnerability can be exploited by enticing a user to open a maliciously crafted
PostScript file, achieving arbitrary code execution.  This issue has not yet
been assigned a CVE identifier.

Thanks,
Dan

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Steven M. Christey