Nmap Development mailing list archives

PR on Github - Write service probe for MSMQ

From: Gonçalo César Mendes Ribeiro via dev <dev () nmap org>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2023 10:09:44 +0100

Hello,

This is just to inform you that I have opened PR #2632 [1] on GitHub. Leaving the PR description below for quick reference.

"Adds a service probe to confirm whether the service running on TCP port 1801 is MSMQ (Microsoft Message Queuing).

I've documented here [2] part of my process as I was studying/testing the protocol to implement the probe.

This probe may help identify MSMQ exposure that may need to be remediated to avoid exploitation of CVE-2023-21554 [3], aka QueueJumper.

Feel free to suggest changes if needed.

Note: the last line of the change includes a comment referring to the regex .*ZZZ$ seemingly not working for some responses for which it should work. I suspect this may be due to some bug in Nmap."

Thank you,

Regards,

Gonçalo Ribeiro

Links: