Nmap Development mailing list archives

ncat http proxy listen bug

From: Phel <phel () mail de>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 16:13:53 +0100

Dear nmap developer community,

it seems ncat doesn't honor the bind address when listening as http
proxy, as can be seen when running ncat in (very) verbose mode:

   $ ncat -v -v -v --proxy-type http -l 127.0.0.1 8081
   Ncat: Version 7.93 ( https://nmap.org/ncat )
   NCAT DEBUG: Initialized fdlist with 2 maxfds
   Ncat: Listening on :::8081
   NCAT DEBUG: Added fd 3 to list, nfds 1, maxfd 3
   Ncat: Listening on 0.0.0.0:8081
   NCAT DEBUG: Added fd 4 to list, nfds 2, maxfd 4
   NCAT DEBUG: selecting, fdmax 4

ncat states it is listening on 0.0.0.0 instead.

I tried tracking it down but I don't see why it would behave that way.
Still I suppose it should actually bind only to the provided address.

Thanks for your help,
best regards,
Phel