Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap 25th anniversary

From: Sebastian Garcia <sebastian.garcia () agents fel cvut cz>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 21:17:57 -0300

Hi awesome community!

Hey, this Sep 1st, 2022 is going to be the 25th anniversary of our beloved
Nmap. I believe it is a good moment to do something and celebrate. A
quarter century is not something many tools live to see, with such a
continuous energy, effort and impact in our community.

What about doing something? A conference? flyers on the street? the largest
nmap hackers online call of the century? Organising a 'Scan your network
and share your results with your admins' event? A BYON bring your own nmap
to work event? A call to keep updating the SO database? A costume party?

Personally I would like to remind the Internet that this community and
Fyodor in particular has been putting personal time, effort, love, money
and energy for 25 years into making our world safer.

Maybe we can make a 25th years edition that sends 0.0000000000000001
bitcoin on each Nmap packet for 1 day. Maybe we can donate money for the
future next 25 years of Nmap.

What do you say?
sebas garcia

--
researchgate.net/profile/Sebastian_Garcia6
https://cz.linkedin.com/in/sebagarcia